Updated April 5th, 2022
We are here to help you move to your new home safely and efficiently. Throughout the pandemic, United Van Lines aligned its response to the CDC guidelines. In line with CDC community level guidance, sales people, van operators and crew are no longer required to wear masks or social distance in most instances. However, there are special considerations we ask those providing in-home services to take into account, such as if the customer requests the crew wears masks.
The following provides an overview of the additional COVID-19 best practice guidance United Van Lines shares with agents and van operators.
- Any crew member who has tested positive for COVID-19 or is awaiting test results due to likely COVID-19 exposure infection, should contact their agent and not be involved in any shipments.
- If a customer informs United Van Lines they have tested positive or awaiting test results, the move coordinator may ask them to not be physically present and to appoint a representative to be in the home, or perhaps reschedule the move.
- Virtual Survey remains a solution for providing customers with a fast and easy way to get their quotes. The Virtual Survey allows customers to walk an estimator through their homes remotely using video chat on their mobile device.
- While move coordinators are encouraged to have conversations with customers leading up to the move, if a customer feels unwell 24 hours before the move, they are encouraged to reach out to their move coordinator or agent. Together you will run through the extra safety precautions we have put into place and possible options. If you are not considered at risk, you may want to proceed with your move.
- Agents, van operators and customers are encouraged to visit the CDC website to review the latest recommendations and follow the guidance on how to protect themselves and others.
- If you believe someone on your team is exhibiting symptoms, please contact your move coordinator right away. Please do not attempt to assess for yourself whether a person has or is at risk of having Coronavirus. Simply pause the move, ask your team to wait outside, and call your move coordinator or our Customer Care Team at 800-948-4885. We will work with you to determine the appropriate next steps.
If you have unanswered COVID-19 questions about a scheduled move, please call 888-705-3350 to listen to a recorded message.